Sunday, May 17, 2015

Got to start somewhere... Recipe Book

Since my recent college graduation from the Colorado School of Mines, I've been helping my boyfriend and friends all move out of their homes, and pack to move on to jobs and internships. Its a little nostalgic considering I will be staying here, working as a nanny with a college education, and trying to tame this crazy life after college. It seems like everyone has already tamed their life, but a wise woman I nanny for told me, "Jordan don't be in such a hurry to go to graduate school or get a job. Take 6 months, and do something for you." It took me a long time to come to terms with what it means to "do something for me." It doesn't mean picking up a new hobby or watching all the Disney movies in the world, but focusing on things that make me happy. So during my time for me, I will be crafting, sewing, blogging, reading, playing with my puppy, and babysitting the dear children I've come to call my own.

After all the crazy mess called graduation was over, I have my first day alone, to begin my journey to focus on me. And one thing that makes me happy is making excellent, healthy meals for my picky eater of a boyfriend. His diet consists of meat, potatoes, and cheese. Anything more and by god the food is poisonous. My project for the next few days includes compiling a homemade cookbook for him of all my favorite Pinterest crock pot recipes. I am determined to get him to eat a green vegetable even if it is covered in cheese!

First, I began by choosing a recipe card template. Of course everything I chose was too "girly," so I went with a simple Black and White Obsession Recipe Template. Next I started typing in all the recipes I thought he might like. This can take anywhere from hours to days depending on the amount of focus and recipes you have. Majority are crock pot recipes so the meal can cook while he's at work, and he can come home to an already-made meal. Then the recipe cards are printed on white card stock paper, but you could also choose colored card stock for more color! This method is cheaper because it doesn't use colored printer ink. Finally, all the cards are organized according to protein source, filed into pocket protectors, and assembled into a binder. For good measure, I also added in slow cooker time conversions and how to half a recipe guide. Listed below are the links to all recipes used in the cookbook if you'd like additional recipes!

Here is the final product!
 The front cover: simple for my simplistic man


The inside is assemble "flip book style" for easy access



Sources for Recipes in Cookbook
Frozen Meal Prep
Crock pot Lasagna
Tso's General Chicken
20 Crock Pot Meals Under $20
40 Meals in 4 Hours
20 Meals in 2 hours
7 Meals in 1 Hour
Slow Cooker Spicy Beef and Bell Peppers
Taco Pasta
50 Healthy Slow Cooker Meals
Slow Cooker Fettuccine Alfredo
Chicken Enchilada Casserole
20 Ground Beef Recipes
9 Slow Cooker Recipes under 350 Calories
Slow Cooker Baked Ziti with Italian Sausage
Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
Paleo Mexican Chicken Stir Fry
10 Freezer to Crock Pot Meals

No comments:

Post a Comment